GNOCCHI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE + SPINACH MOZZARELLA BASILICO + ALLA TOMATO VODKA SAUCE
One of my favourite recipes & so simple! You will scrape the bottom of your plate…my guest did that, no joke.
1) Boil a pot of good quality gnocchi if you don’t have time to make it. Don’t forget to salt your water.
2) Make your sauce, I used vodka sauce, you can use a simple marinara. Please don’t use Classico brand, dare I say Ragu!
3) In a skillet, saute onions + garlic in olive oil
4) Slice up the italian sausage that you got from the butcher. (get to know your butcher, antibiotic free is best!) Saute in the skillet until cooked through.
5) Add in your fresh herbs. Basilico + Oregano + good quality sea salt and crushed pepper flakes. Throw in your organic spinach (I like to remove the stems). Cook it down.
6) Toss in your Alla Vodka Tomato Sauce and your cooked gnocchi.
7) Simply shred some mozzarella & Parm over the top and cover let the cheese melt and let the flavours simmer and come together.